A quick drying, general purpose, below waterline primer for steel, fibreglass, GRP and wooden surfaces. Can be used as a barrier/sealer coat between unknown or incompatible antifoulings.
Ideal for use metal keels and hulls prior to antifouling, it can also be used as a spot primer during maintenance repairs.
- Flat finish
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Prevents leaching of TBT from underlying antifouling coatings,
- Fast dry time
- Excellent water immersion resistance
- Reinforced with aluminium flake
- Excellent flexibility for wooden hulls.
- Metallic Grey colour
- Thinner: Altex #10 (formerly 121 Thinner)
- Touch dry: <1 hr @ 25°C
- Time to recoat: 2-4 hrs @25°C
- Hard Dry: 18 hrs @25°C
- Time till antifoul: minimum 4 hrs @25°C
- Coverage: Spray: 2-3 coats/4.5m2 per litre at 75 microns, Roller: 2-3 coats/6.8m2 per litre at 50 microns
- Manufacturers data sheet: http://www.altexboatpaint.com/vdb/document/1432