Duralac is an insulating sealant plastic that helps prevent electrolytic corrosion between dissimilar metals that are jointed together, eg :
- Light alloy fixed onto stainless steel screws
- Light alloy windlasses or brass fixed with stainless steel bolts
- Stainless steel accessories for mast fixed onto the mast itself (made of light alloy) with rivets or screws
- Cleats secured with different metal studs.
- Duralac is a flexible yellow plastic base with barium chromate, apply with brush; do not dilute