Our staff are central to our business.
Working at Burnsco is different to working for other retailers:
CAREER DEVELOPMENT IS IMPORTANT
Most of our branch managers and senior management have grown into these roles from sales positions at Burnsco.
To develop your career we provide:
- A thorough Induction Programme
- Ongoing product and skills training
- Management training
- Opportunities to advance due to our growing national chain
- Annual performance reviews
WE LEAD THE MARKET IN PAY
As well as salary, permanent staff receive:
- An uncapped monthly bonus based on team sales – and yes! It pays out
- A very generous staff discount for you and your family
- Free quality uniform including comfortable fast drying GILL shorts
- Free annual membership of a relevant club (yachting, fishing, RV, etc)
- An annual subsidy to enable you to attend Coastguard or similar industry training courses
- A substantial discount on 1 week’s RV hire in NZ or Aus each year
- A Recognition Scheme rewarding service every 5 years and later milestones
- Annual party and other social events
YOU'RE NOT A NUMBER AT BURNSCO
We're big enough to have state of the art IT, point of sale and stock management systems and a responsive Head Office that can provide you the support you need. BUT we're small enough for our MD to meet or speak to everyone who works at Burnsco.
GREAT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Many people do not realize that retail can be well remunerated, particularly at branch management level. At Burnsco we value our senior staff highly and pay them accordingly, making these positions a long-term career choice to support yourself and your family.