Suitable pack for boating up to 7km from land and from behind islands. Popular in areas such as the Bay of Islands, Hauraki Gulf, Marlborough Sounds and Lake Taupo etc. where islands and hills necessitate the need for altitude signals.
- Supplied in a floating container
Pack consists of:
- x1 red parachute: designed to alert potential rescue craft, simple operation - rocket projects to 300m before ejecting parachute-suspended red flare, burn time - 40 seconds at 30,000 candela.
- x1 orange handheld smoke: This waterproof, hand held signal produces a dense orange smoke for daylight distress signalling and wind direction indication. For use in day distress signal situations and to mark the position during a rescue operation. Burn time - 60 seconds
- x2 red handheld flares: short range distress signal used to pinpoint. For use in day and night. Colour: Red. Burn time: 60 seconds minimum. Light Intensity: 15,000 Candela minimum
- Life expectancy: 4 years (from Date of Manufacture)
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight